Learn a Sustainable Approach to
Our most commonly held formula for success is broken. Conventional wisdom holds that if we work hard we will be more successful, and if we are more successful, then we’ll be happy. If we can just get good grades, get into the right university, find that great job, win that next promotion, lose those five pounds, then happiness will follow.
But recent discoveries in the field of positive psychology have shown that this formula is actually backward. Happiness fuels success, not the other way around. When we are positive, our brains become more engaged, creative, motivated, energetic, resilient, and productive. This isn’t just an empty mantra. This discovery has been repeatedly borne out by rigorous research in psychology and neuroscience, management studies, and the bottom lines of organizations around the globe.
What can we expect to learn in the Happiness Advantage | Orange Frog Experience?
• Discovering why Happiness is a Choice
• Understanding why positive outliers are critical for success in the new economy
• Putting an end to the predictable practices that drive positive outliers underground
• Learning why organizations apply the success formula backwards and disengage their employees
• Learning 5 research-proven tactics for increasing happiness
• Learning why increases in happiness create increases in every business and educational outcome
• Practicing the use of the “Social Investment Solution”
• Learning to apply “20 Second Rule” and “Zorro Circles” to initiate transformation
• Identifying new routines which embed happiness into the school environment
• Discovering why Social Scripts are the hidden secret to happiness and success
• Learning to re-write prevailing social scripts for a more positive environment for your school team
• Determining how happiness can be leveraged to drive your district's strategic agenda
• Creating an action plan for personal growth
• Creating a plan with/for your team to embed principles of positive engagement into existing school routines
Three Core Philosophies:
1. Happiness is a Choice (we need to choose)
2. Create a Comfort-Zone for Positive Outliers (we need to rise above the average)
3. Everyone is a Scriptwriter (we all have responsibility for the culture)
Description of Training:
HA | OF Training is Experiential – Growth Oriented & Collaborative.
Working in teams participants collaborate to discover and create connections and then work in support of one another to build action plans and apply the principles.
Application Focus of OF Training Workshop:
Individual Habits: Habits allow us to accomplish important behavioral repertoires. Individual 21-day action plans insure participants develop positive habits.
Team-Based Work Routines: Work routines are the organizational equivalent of habits. Teams use structured plans to embed positive principles into work routines to reduce resources required to put them into use
District Targeted Results: Strategic results and priorities (identified in advance or in a Chartering Session) are the focus of multiple workshop activities and set the path for post workshop follow-up activities.
This workshop is designed for individuals; leaders at any level, and especially teams - even students. The core technologies in this workshop are basic and core human technologies. As such they work intra-personally at the individual level and interpersonally at the social, team and leadership levels. Organizations using this workshop to elevate organization’s the social script and transform the culture report that it is especially useful to bring intact teams into the workshop; social scripts can change almost overnight when a critical mass is reached.
Post Workshop Support Tools:
The Happiness Advantage | Orange Frog workshop, designed as a catalyst for organization transformation, lays the groundwork for multiple tools and follow-up processes to insure that when participants leave the workshop they know what is expected and the organization has what it needs to support the transformation process. Tools include personal action plans, tam action plans as well as story generation and collection tools.
In addition, follow up support modules trainable in 90 minute segments, deliverable on-line or as ½ day workshops are available to reinforce lessoned learned and transformation progress being made.
Communication support tools and services also available to support ongoing messaging in support of culture shift.